Castilla y La Mancha
Tortilla de patatas is one of the most popular Spanish dishes. We’ve give it a twist to this traditional dish adding a splash of La Española Truffle Olive Oil. Try it, you won’t regret it!
PREPARATION TIME20 minutes
COOKING TIME20 minutes
For the caramelised onion:
- 2 tbsp Mild & Light La Española Olive Oil
- 1 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
For the tortilla:
- 8 free-range eggs
- 5.2 oz salted crisps
- 1 tbsp truffle oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp La Española Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for cooking
- La Española Truffle Oil, for drizzling
- Crisp green salad
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat cook the onions for 5 minutes until golden and starting to caramelise.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, then stir in the crisps, caramelised onion, truffle oil and season. Leave to stand for 15 minutes for the crisps to soak into the egg.
- Heat the olive oil in a 20 cm pan non- stick pan, over a medium heat, pour in the tortilla mix. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 8-10 minutes, without stirring, until set.
- Place under a preheated hot grill and cook for 2-3 minutes until the top is golden brown, or invert onto a plate and carefully slide back into the pan. Cook for a few minutes until golden.
- Transfer to a board and serve cut into wedges, with a salad.