A classic among the classics. This popular tapa is the perfect appetizer to share with friends and family. The best part? It’s vegan friendly!
PREPARATION TIME5 minutes
COOKING TIME50 minutes
For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp La Española Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 8 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp hot smoked paprika
- Pinch sugar
- 1 tbsp La Española sherry vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the potatoes:
- 2 lb potatoes, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp La Española Classic Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped flat- leaf parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the onion for about 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, chilli, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, paprika, sugar and vinegar. Season, then bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until pulpy.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 392F. Pat the potatoes dry with kitchen paper, then tip into a roasting tin and toss in the olive oil and some seasoning. Roast for 40-50 minutes until crisp and golden, turning halfway through the cooking time.
- Tip the potatoes into serving dishes and spoon over the tomato sauce. Sprinkle with some fresh parsley to serve.