Taking advantage of the fact that on the 1st of this month we celebrate World Vegetarian Day, we bring you this recipe of Italian origin, easy to cook, with very healthy ingredients and super delicious Do you need more?
- 2 eggplants
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Homemade tomato (to taste)
- 150gr grated vegan mozzarella cheese
- Oregano and fresh basil
- Cut the eggplants into slices and let them rest with a little salt to release the bitter liquid. In 30 minutes clean the slices of excess salt.
- In a frying pan, pour oil and sauté the chopped onion and carrot until soft.
- Then add the garlic (previously pressed) until it browns, the tomato sauce and some fresh basil leaves until it is a mixture.
- Cook the eggplants on the griddle with a little oil until golden brown.
- In a dish, spread a little olive oil on the base, add a layer of sauce and then several slices of eggplant lengthwise.
- At the top of each layer it is important to add the vegan cheese to give it texture.
- Repeat the same process adding a new layer in the same order of ingredients
- Serve and enjoy!