Olive Oil Expiry Date
Does the olive oil expire? Can
it be reused if it was used for frying? In this section you will see how long you can reuse your
olive oil to continue cooking delicious dishes of authentic Mediterranean food.
Olive oil does not have an expiration date per se, although it does have a recommended consumption date. This means that, after that date, the olive oil is still edible, although it may have lost some of its properties, especially in terms of flavor.
Depending on how the oil was preserved and what foods were cooked in it, the oil can be reused for other preparations considering these tips. For olive oil you intend to reuse her are some rules:
- Do not let it reach very high temperatures or be burned
- It must be filtered after each use to remove any food residue
- It must be kept in a dark, cool and dry place, always with a lid or cap
- It is better to re-use the oil for frying, not for a “raw” use
- Do not mix reused oil with new oil
- When its appearance is dark and dense, it's time to change it for fresh oil