Slow Cooker Meals for Easy Weeknight Dinners
Where would we be in the fall without pumpkin spice, apple cider, and our slow cookers?! Like a cozy sweater, each September when the weather finally starts to turn, we pull our Crockpots out of that cupboard we can barely reach, dust it off, and plug it.
In the spirit of a classic recipe swap, we share with you three slow cooker meals for easy weeknight dinners.
1. Crock Pot Pork Chops
This is a moreish weeknight meal that is flavorful enough for company. Like all good slow cooker meals, you simply pile the ingredients in, set it to cook, and let it do its thing.
4 - 8 pork chops
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups chicken stock
1 packet gravy (optional)
5 tablespoons La Española extra virgin olive oil
1. In a medium bowl, mix the cream of chicken with the chicken broth and gravy if you want to get more texture.
2. Add the pork chops to a slow cooker and add the mixture.
3. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
4. Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles and vegetables of your choice.
2. No Boil Mac and Cheese
I know what you’re thinking: “How can I throw dry noodles into a crockpot and hope for anything?” Try it! This is a super easy, super tasty meal that will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters (you know who).
100 grams of diced Cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons La Española olive oil
4 cups of milk
1/2 teaspoon of ground mustard
Paprika to taste
Salt and pepper
1. Coat the pot with a little olive oil.
2. Add the uncooked noodles and cover with milk, ground mustard, paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Stir in the cheese and mix well.
4. Simmer for 2-3 hours. Serve immediately.
3. Southern Pot Roast
3 1/2 - 4 lb. roast beef
4 tablespoons flour
salt and pepper
2 sliced onions
4 tablespoons La Española olive oil
1/4 cup mushroom sauce or brown sauce
1/4 cup water
Combine 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper with previously grilled meat and batter 2.
2. Add all vegetables and roast to a slow cooker.
4. Cover the base and cook on low for 10 - 12 hours.
5. For more texture in the sauce, add a little more flour and mix well.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.
Comment below with your favorite slow cooker dinner!