4 recipes for 4th July Party
Happy 4th of July! It’s the season for being outside and enjoying the sunshine
Whether you’re hosting a gathering or dropping by your neighbor’s house to light some sparklers with the kids, these four classic American recipes will hit the spot. Grilled corn takes advantage of the in-season vegetable, a classic burger never goes out of style, potato salad is a crowdpleaser, and for a twist sure to surprise your friends and family - try your hand at the Macaroni Cake!
1 Classic Grilled Corn
- 8 ears corn, shucked
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 spoon cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp chili
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 Cheese
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush the corn on the cob with Olive Oil La Española, place them on the grill and let them grill until lightly charred, no more than 10 minutes. Note! Keep an eye on the grill, turning the cobs with specialised grill tongs.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cilantro, garlic, chili powder, mayonnaise, lime juice and a drizzle of oil. Mix until smooth and brush the mixture onto the cobs with a specialised brush.
- Remove the cobs from the grill and sprinkle cheese (of your choice) over the corn to melt.
2 Macaroni Cake
- 2 cups spaghetti
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Cook the macaroni and drain well.
- In a large bowl include the eggs, vanilla, sugar, milk and cream in a large bowl.
- Add the cooked macaroni, being careful not to let it stick together.
- Use a rectangular baking pan to pour the contents into a cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 50 minutes (until crisp).
3 Potato Salad
- 6 potatoes
- 3 large eggs
- ½ chopped onion
- ½ sweet pickle relish
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Salt and black pepper
- In a pot of salted water, add the potatoes and cook them for about 15 minutes. Let them cool, peel and chop them.
- At the same time, cook the eggs for 10 to 12 minutes. After this time peel and chop.
- Combine the potatoes and eggs with the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well and refrigerate until chilled.
4 American Burger
- 1 lbs ground beef
- Onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons La Española Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Once the hamburger meat is prepared, add the Worcestershire sauce and the rest of the ingredients (if you brush the meat with a little olive oil it will be very tasty on the grill).
- Create 4 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Grill the patties, with the lid down, for 8 to 10 minutes, turning them over halfway through grilling time.
- Once the meat is removed from the grill, place the burgers between the buns and use your favorite toppings.