Have you been craving a burger lately? This cauliflower veggie burger is perfect for vegetarians or even people just looking to eat healthier. This recipe allows you to get the same satisfaction as if you were eating a hamburger, but with added health benefits.
Ingredients for veggie patty:
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets (around 6 cups)
¾ cup uncooked quinoa
¾ cup bread crumbs
¾ cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1½ teaspoon salt
3-4 dashes of cayenne pepper
3-4 tablespoons La Española EVOO, divided
Ingredients for burger toppings:
½ cup chopped cilantro or parsley
½ cup chopped purple cabbage
4-5 squeezes of lime juice
1 large red tomato, sliced
white onion, sliced
mayonnaise, mustard, or ketchup
burger buns of your choice
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. Cook quinoa according to package directions, only use 1 cup broth of water.
3. Slice cauliflower into florets. Transfer to baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon La Española EVOO and add cayenne pepper. Roast in oven for 25-30 minutes. Let cool.
4. In a food processor, pulse to form small pieces that stick together. Should not be a purée.
5. Mix cauliflower with the quinoa, eggs, bread crumbs, pepper jack cheese, garlic powder, and salt. Should form around 10 veggie patties.
6. Over medium heat, cook the burgers until golden brown on each side in a nonstick or greased pan. Set on a paper towel-lined plate once cooked.
7. Toss the cilantro, purple cabbage, lime juice, and a hint of La Española EVOO together. Add salt to taste.
8. Serve veggie patties on a platter and place burger toppings on another platter so everyone can choose how to garnish their own burger.