Strawberry, peach, spinach... can you believe these three things taste amazing when blended together?! That is the magic of the smoothie!
Smoothies make a great breakfast if you're looking to up your fruit and veg game, or as a lovely addition to a family brunch as they're perfect for all ages. Here are five of our favourite smoothie recipes... drink up!
Orange creamsicle smoothie from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- 1 frozen ripe banana, previously peeled & sliced
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- optional: 2 teaspoons orange zest
On high, blend the frozen banana chunks, vanilla, and orange juice together until thick, creamy, and smooth - about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. Add the yogurt, orange, and orange zest (if using). Blend until combined.
Strawberry Peach Mango Green Smoothie Recipe from All Nutribullet Recipe
- peach mango juice to the fill line
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen peaches
- small handful of spinach
Mix this until you get a smooth consistency, though you can add more juice to get the desired consistency. The strawberries offer antioxidants and a large quantity of Vitamin C. The spinach is packed with Vitamin K, antioxidants and fiber.
You can be creative! The idea is to use leafy greens and fresh fruits. The nice thing is that the greens cannot even be tasted in the smoothie. This will allow you to get the nutrition you need in a quick and great tasting manner.
Healthy Mediterranean Smoothie by La Española
- 2 large ripe tomato
- 10 medium strawberries
- 1 leaf of basil
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 9 table spoons of La Española Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Place all the ingredients in a blender. Cool in a fridge. Serve and Enjoy!
Classic Green Monster Smoothie by Oh She Glows
- 1 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 cup de-stemmed kale leaves or baby spinach
- 1 large ripe frozen banana, chopped into chunks
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or peanut butter
-1 tablespoon chia seeds or ground flaxseed
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 scoop of your favourite protein powder (optional)
- 2 to 3 ice cubes
Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
Banana Oat “Thickie” By Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall from River Cottage Every Day
- 2 ripe bananas
- 300ml ice cold milk (or half milk and half yoghurt)
- 2 tbsp porridge oats (not jumbo ones)
- 2 ice cubes
Put all the ingredients in a blender and whiz until smooth.
Tell us about your favourite smoothie recipe on our Facebook page!